Sep 2, 2015

Shamelessly Forthright

I don't try to be mean.
Sometimes it comes across that way.
I'm just trying to be honest.
I guess honesty isn't the best policy when you're supposed to be nice instead.
Nice in this society where everyone is a winner, even though all you did was show up.
Nice where things have to be politically correct, and it's wrong to refer to black people as black instead of African-American, even though nobody calls white people Caucasian. 
Nice where there is no distinction between excellence and mediocrity, because it's rude to classify people according to how we perceive them.
Nice to where our hearts bleed for serial killers and rapists because they were dubbed psychologically insane from childhood.
I just can't be that nice.
I can only be honest in the most deplorable candid way.
 I guess that's wrong.
But I'd rather be wrong than regular.

3 comments:

  1. You said so much in so little space. Congrats, this was really well written

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for putting my thoughts into words. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete