Oct 2, 2015

Love will take your heart out and stomp on it and then sew it back into your chest with it's eyes shut

I called you yesterday to talk about another boy.
I know you don't like it when I do that, but I needed someone to talk to. When you answered the phone I caught my breath. I didn't realize I'd missed your voice that much. I told you about him, all the while feeling more and more treacherous. After I finished, you didn't say anything so I asked you about that thing you said you wouldn't tell me until we were together next. I knew you couldn't resist telling me when you heard it from my lips, and you did. I wish you hadn't. You told me the very thing I dreaded from you.
But I so desperately wanted to hear it.

"I keep coming back to you. Everything about you draws me in. Your emotions, energy, looks, all of it."

I didn't know what to say.
I still don't.
I swear the only emotions I've displayed to you were doubt in myself and fear of what others think. But I guess you saw more than that.
So thanks.
And I'm sorry.

5 comments: