Oct 30, 2015

How to Distract Me

I can only imagine falling softly
your warm embrace as I relax and place my forehead on your chest.
The light is rosy and glows gently through my eyelids as I rest in your arms.
Everything is peaceful.
Everything is safe.
Your hands draw snaking spirals on my back
slowly
lightly
and I sigh because I've never felt relief like this before.
Just to be loved.
Just to be held.
And told everything's going to be ok.
Because here's in your arms
I believe it will be.

In this infinite moment of serenity
I don't have to think about anything
and I just listen to your breathing
and your heartbeat
and focus on the benign touch of your fingers brushing through my hair.
It's nice to find the cure for the anxiety,
because when I'm touching you
it all melts away.
And I feel like myself again.

4 comments: