Oct 25, 2015

The only two things I'm afraid of.

I'm afraid of being afraid. And I'm afraid of pain. And although those are only two things, they encompass pretty much everything. I'm not afraid to get my heart broken. I'm afraid of trying to mend it. I'm not afraid of trusting people. I'm afraid of getting hurt by them. I'm not afraid of the haunted forest. I'm afraid of the dread and anxious exhilaration I feel when I go. I'm not afraid of heights. I'm afraid of falling and breaking all the bones in my body and living through it. I'm not afraid of living. I'm afraid of not being noticed. I'm not afraid of doing something wrong. I'm afraid of trying to right it. I'm not afraid of people. I'm afraid of being so beneath their notice they don't even give me a chance. I'm not afraid of you leaving. I'm afraid of you not coming back. 

3 comments:

  1. "I'm not afraid to get my heart broken. I'm afraid of trying to mend it."

    lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "im not afraid of you leaving. Im afraid of you not coming back"

    ReplyDelete