Nov 5, 2015

Locked Out

I found myself this morning, eating toast in my jumper and pajama bottoms. I was missing for a while this time. It's like I'm locked out of my own mind. I'm locked out of creativity and locked in this mindset 
of you're not thin enough
you're not smart enough
you're not pretty enough
you're not good enough
you are not enough.
But I am good, and I am healthy, and smart, and pretty, but not enough. 
And I will never be enough in this point of view.

I need to fight it.
Pick the lock.
Talk to strangers,
knit a sweater,
wear it to school,
stand naked in front of the mirror
long enough
until I love myself enough to tear these interlocked chains from beneath my skin,
and bury them next to my closed mind.

3 comments:

  1. "I was missing for a while this time. It's like I'm locked out of my own mind."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I need to fight it. Pick the lock, talk to strangers knit a sweater, wear it to school and stand baked in front of the mirror, long enough, until I love myself enough to tear these interlocked chains from beneath my skin, and bury them next to my closed mind" I read this part like 12 times. It says so much about who you are, and your goals as a human to be more self confident and to be better. Way to mix the present and the future in to 9 lines of the most beautiful words this class has ever seen.
    A
    *applause*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid auto correct will be the downfall of the world.

      Delete